TOP 10 VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIPS! (How to PASS an Online Zoom, Skype, or HireVue Job Interview!) By Richard McMunn of:
#virtualinterviewtips #zoominterviewtips #skypeinterviewtips
10 VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIPS!
In this video, Richard McMunn will teach you how to pass a virtual job interview!
So, if you have an online interview coming, whether it’s on online HireVue, Skype or Zoom job interview, or it’s a pre-recorded video interview, make sure you pay attention to the following 10 tips!
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #1
DOWNLOAD & TEST THE TECHNOLOGY WELL IN ADVANCE OF YOUR INTERVIEW!
• Don’t download the interview software a few minutes before your interview is due to start.
• Download the platform and create an account at least 24 hours before your interview starts.
• Get familiar with the technology because this will reduce stress levels!
• Also, make sure your device is charged! If you run out of battery, you will fail!
• Make sure you log on to the virtual interview at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time and compose yourself!
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #2
CHOOSE A LOCATION FOR YOUR INTERVIEW THAT HAS A STRONG INTERNET CONNECTION OR WIFI!
• If your internet or WIFI fails during the virtual interview, you probably won’t get a second chance!
• Choose a room and test the internet with the door closed.
• Make sure the light in the room from any windows is in front of you, and never behind you! If the light is behind you, the interviewer might not be able to see you!
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #3
TEST YOUR MICROPHONE, SPEAKERS & SOUND SETTINGS BEFORE THE VIRTUAL INTERVIEW STARTS!
• Do your headphones or speakers work?
• Is your microphone working?
• Do you need to access and change your computer or laptops settings for your chosen headset, microphone or speakers?
• If your virtual interview starts and they can’t hear you, or you can’t hear them, it shows you are disorganized.
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #4
MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO DISTRACTIONS IN YOUR HOME / OFFICE DURING THE INTERVIEW!
• Tell people in the building that you are having an online interview and they should not disturb you for the next hour!
• Make sure the room you are having the interview in is quiet and there’s also no external noise!
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #5
• How you dress for your virtual job interview is very important!
• If you look smart, and you are wearing professional attire, it tells the interviewer you care about the job, and it also shows you have high standard.
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #6
LOOK INTO THE WEBCAM, NOT THE SCREEN!
• A great way to establish a connection with the interviewer is to make sure you look at the camera on your laptop or device.
• If you stare at the screen, you are not looking directly at the interviewer!
• This takes practice, so make sure you try answering interview questions by looking at the webcam before the real interview starts.
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #7
GET YOUR ANSWER READY FOR THE FIRST INTERVIEW QUESTION – INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
• A great way to remember your answer is to use S.E.A.T.
– Skills and qualities
– Experience or educational qualifications.
– Type of person you are!
CLICK LINK HERE TO WATCH MY VIDEO ON HOW TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN A JOB INTERVIEW!
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #8
BODY LANGUAGE AND INTERVIEW TECHNIQUE!
• Sit upright in the chair.
• Smile throughout the interview.
• Listen to the interviewer, and show you are interested!
• Be positive at all times!
To achieve this, practice recording yourself the day before the interview to see what you look like on camera! You’ll be surprised at how this tip will improve your confidence!
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #9
PREPARE ANSWERS TO THESE VIRTUAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS!
• Introduce yourself.
• Why do you want to work for us?
• What’s your biggest weakness?
• What are your strengths?
• Why do you want to leave your job?
• Why should we hire you?
• What do you know about our company?
• What experience do you have relevant to the position?
VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW TIP #10
HAVE SOME QUESTIONS TO ASK AT THE END!
Q1. How has this role evolved over the years?
Q2. What’s the culture like within the company?
Q3. What are the plans for the business over the next few years?
CONNECT WITH RICHARD MCMUNN ON LINKEDIN.COM:
DOWNLOAD RICHARD’S ANSWERS TO THE MOST COMMON ZOOM AND ONLINE JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
Xem thêm: https://namcongnghe.com/category/thu-thuat-may-tinh
This Post Has 44 Comments
DOWNLOAD MY VIRTUAL JOB INTERVIEW ANSWERS: https://passmyinterview.com/zoom-interview-questions-answers/
Watch this video next… https://youtu.be/wexzvClUcUk
Such a beautiful and useful video. Thank you so much , those tips definitely would help
Thank you so much Mr Richard for your amazing videos. I have an interview with a big brand in the hospitality industry here in Nigeria. It's actually an international brand and considering that I have three years experience in my current job and its totally a far cry from Economics which is what I studied in school, your videos are a life saver. I look forward to sharing with you my experience after the interview. Wish me well.
Hey your videos are great and really helps us a lot ✨✨
Can you please make a video on how to answer to the interview question that who is your role model?
I usually sit directly in front of my window and have not encountered any issues with being seen on camera. I also use a ring light in which I place my phone inside the holder and wear ear buds. No complaints from the interviewer at all.
Had my virtual assessment interview today and the interviewer and rest of the group couldn’t hear me despite my attempts to fix it. Mind you we had just began a group assessment exercise. I wanted to die at that moment and close my laptop. But I continued to smile and she told me she would call me later to rebook another interview date. She called me back as promised and rebooked another interview date. I was livid after I closed my laptop. ?
Hi Richard thanks for your numerous videos I really like them, please can you do a video on telephone call interview, I this interview coming up soon
very goood hiding the vital info in your blog and keeping them locked. your video is a waste of time!!
I got the job. Goodness. I honestly thought I'd remembered 0 from these videos :') thank you!
Also place a DO NOT DISTURB / DON'T KNOCK sign on your front and or back door.
Hello sir. I passed the first face to face interview on the beginning of this week and they scheduled for my
virtual job interview yesterday but no attendance with interviewer and until now no response.
You videos are awesome which am learning and helping
I will not give up because the right one will come at its timing.
God bless you abundantly ???
I pressed the subscribe ba`on! LMAO
Hello Richard, when I saw your video for the first time and believe me that I never saw a person who explained the things in a simple and effective way.
When I was travelling while going to work I listened to your video and started implementing it.
I got so much knowledge and information from your video which helped me to crack the interview and you can't believe it's like turning points of my life.
I thank you for such a good thing you shared and I hope you have a good and long life,Thank you!!!
Keep uploading your videos which helps us a lot!
Hi Richard thank you very much for your videos , I would like to ask how to a create a good LinkedIn profile with no work experience
Thank you Richard. This goes a long way
I do great meetings over the phone, but makes me nervous via Webcam. Trying so hard to improve:(
Is it a bad thing to take your hirevue interview at night? I have to record mine, its not in real time with the interviewer….. But, I'm afraid they will assume I am a night person, when this is a morning-evening job.
Hi Richard, thank you for your insight.kindly what is online matriculation examination? Is it the same as virtual interviews?
Hi if your first language is not English how to prepare for interview
Good morning, Sir! Thank you. I have learned a lot on my mistakes during my 1st interview of what happened why I failed. I will execute your tips, thus I can make it this time. Thank you so much. God bless!
Hi Richard, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your help. After watching your videos I was able to land my dream job! I am starting next week
Thank you I followed these tips and got the job!
If a company won't give me a second chance cos my internet dropped, I don't want to work for them anyway…. What a stupid thing to mention lmao
thanks for the tips
Thank you for your help!! I applied all to my zoom interview just recently hope I get the job!
Thank you so much for sharing great knowledge. It gives me confidence.
I am from India and have an interview for Germany. Please guide me.
Hi Richard, thank you for your great videos. May I ask if it’s okay to do a virtual interview in my car with my mobile since most of them are during my work? Of course, I have been using some sort of blur background and it’s quiet place for sure. Thank you.
I faced microphone problem in both 1st and 2nd round of interview.
Oh boy .. I have passed all 3 of my interviews with you guidance. I was latterly followed your guideline to answer questions. Thank you for putting that much effort to make our life easier. ?
Is using humour as a rule a no no? or is it something that can work? In context I am asking if using humour in a cover letter or in an interview to help break the ice is typically not advised. As well, it seems that the more the job is suited to me the more nervous I am. Would it be out of line to be honest in the very beginning of the interview to convey the nerves? something like. "My name is Jane doe and I am delighted to be interviewing for your remote customer service position. Please forgive my nerves as it seems the more suited I am to a position the more nervous I become". I am not the kind of person who applies for everything and just takes what sticks. I legit focus on positions and companies that are in alignment with who I am and what I do.
Hi Richard, how do you answer when asked what is your current salary?
Thank you sir.this is great!!!!.do a video on how to greet the interviewers at the end and begining of the interview!!!
I have my interview today.l am hoping to use all the tips.
How about some interview passing tips, what u mentioned in this video are all common sense
Hi Richard, I got lot of tips to prepare my answers by seeing all your videos and it really works well during interview situation. I was able to crack interviews and receive offers. Thank you very much for all the help.
I got my second interview thanks to you
Pls help me out how to speak about positive and negative about ourselves
This is a fantastic video. What about putting a post-it behind the web camera to remind you to look there?
Hoe do I record myself on my laptop?